Once you’ve made the decision to invest in a new website you’ll need to consider your budget and decide if you need a custom website design or a website template. As a website development company, we have many clients ask why they would need a custom website built for them when they could purchase a website template for a much cheaper cost.
Colour In Lines take pride in building custom clean coded websites, so there’s full control over the design and your websites performance. This is the preferred method of building any website to avoid bulky unnecessary code and make it as easy for our clients to manage and update as possible.
Keep in mind that you want your business to stand out from the crowd and be memorable. If you decide to go with a template website remember that your business competitors or other business may be using the same template, so your new website won’t stand out as much. Template websites can sometimes have compatibility issues when trying to apply extra functionality to your website, such as an e-Commerce store setup.
Custom websites VS Template websites
Custom Developed & Designed Websites
- The website will have completely unique content customised to your business needs while incorporating your company branding into the design and development stage
- We specialise in WordPress C.M.S systems which are built into your custom website to ensure it’s easy for the owner to manage their own website content
- The sites are designed and developed for search engine optimisation (S.E.O)
- All our websites are designed for responsive adaptability, this means the content will be display correctly on all devices e.g desktop, tablet and mobile screens.
- The website will be tested to work on all up to date browser platforms
- The website will be designed exactly for you company needs
- A custom design and built website takes more time to develop than a template site
- Due to longer design and development time custom websites are more expensive
Pre-made template websites
- Template websites are cheaper alternative to custom built websites
- Template websites usually have a shorter development time
- Templates are great for low budgets
- A template website can be created without knowing much coding
- You template may be used by other businesses or competitors, meaning your website won’t stand out from the crowd
- You’re limited to the template design, this means less customisation is available.
- Most template sites contain bulky code and aren’t designed for search engine optimisation (S.E.O)
- Templates may not be compatible with all browsers
- Templates are harder to debug especially when there’s any plugin compatibility issues, or update issues.
- Template sites most likely won’t have as good support as a custom built site
- Any images or new content will have to be adapted to fit the predetermined areas of the template design.